Per migliorare il nostro servizio, la tua esperienza di navigazione e la fruizione pubblicitaria questo sito web utilizza i cookie (proprietari e di terze parti). Se continui la navigazione accetti di utilizzarli. Per maggiori informazioni (ad esempio su come disabilitarli) leggi la nostra Cookies Policy. Chiudendo sul bottone "ok" qui a fianco, scorrendo questa pagina o cliccando qualunque suo elemento acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

THIRD-LARGEST DISTRIBUTOR

Selex Gruppo Commerciale is the third-largest group in its sector in Italy. It is made up of 15 independent Italian retail and wholesale companies that channel their business through its Head Office which functions as a nerve centre for their activities. Selex has multichannel retailing operations in every part of Italy. Its network comprises 2,516 retail outlets ranging in type from hypermarkets to mini-markets and occupying more than 2 million square metres of commercial floor space. Thanks to its vast product range, Selex has a dense network extending into every corner of the country, with outlets in 90 provinces and more than 1,700 municipalities. Selex’s turnover in 2016 was €10.35 billion, an increase of 4% with respect to 2015.


INVESTMENT AND JOBS

The Group's total investment over the last ten years has exceeded €2 billion. In 2016, it opened 70 new retail outlets and renovated as many again for an investment cost of €152 million, which led to the hiring of hundreds of workers. As of now, the Group's workforce numbers 31,000, of whom more than 90% are on permanent contracts. Direct control of the sales network is one of the distinctive aspects of Selex’s mode of operation. Indeed, 86% of its turnover comes from outlets that are directly run by consortium members, while the remaining 14% comes from affiliated outlets (mostly mini-markets and convenience stores trading under the A&O name, the Group's historic brand).





THE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME FOR 2017

In 2017, Selex is planning 57 new openings that will add around 80,000 m2 of retail space, of which eight will be superstores and mini-hypermarkets, 15 integrated supermarkets, five supermarkets and 26 hard- and soft-discounts.
Three new Cash & Carry stores are also planned, attesting to the Selex Group's readiness to compete also in the modern wholesale sector. Meanwhile, renovations and extensions will be carried out on 53 outlets.
Selex has allocated €215 million of funding for a programme to strengthen the presence of its member companies in Italy and improve the performance of the existing commercial network.
Thanks also to this large investment project, the turnover forecast for 2017 is €10.78 billion (+4.2% compared with 2016).